Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTFedCMS
Technologies: C++, Bash, Linux, Ubuntu, VMware, OpenWRT, Qt, Embedded Software, Python, Flask
- Customized an OpenWRT operating system for specific networking products. Added support for VPN configurations on a custom OpenWRT operating system.
- Implemented a custom Linux image responsible for monitoring network activity between several components of security desktop equipment.
- Implemented the user interface using the Qt library and back-end services implemented in Bash scripts and Python.
- Worked on software management and repository using GitLab service.
Senior Software Developer2020 - PRESENTAtlasCopco (via Toptal)
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Linux, MQTT, Internet of Things (IoT), C++, Python
- Implemented production software for remote intelligent control of machines remotely in real time using C++ language running in an embedded Linux environment and the MQTT protocol for M2M communication.
- Worked on the initial development consisting of a proof-of-concept software (PoC) running in Python and a prototype (MVP) to validate the product concept using Python language and the MQTT protocol for M2M communication.
- Implemented a control algorithm simulation environment using C++ and Qt framework for a visual representation of the results.
- Performed software management in the Azure DevOps environment, using Git repositories and ticket management. Azure pipelines were used for continuous integration.
Embedded Systems Engineer2018 - PRESENTPhi Innovations
Technologies: FreeRTOS, Altium, C, STM32, Microcontrollers
- Designed the hardware of the Industrie 4.0 gateway using the internet of things technologies.
- Contributed to firmware development using C and STM32.
- Handled software documentation and manual elaboration.
Senior Engineer2019 - 2021Kärcher Brasil
Technologies: OPC Data Access, MQTT, C#, SQL Server 2008
- Implemented plastic injection machine system monitoring using C# language. The objective of the application is to automate inventory input and production line performance evaluation.
- Implemented server software responsible for reading data from the client using an MQTT protocol and save the production data in a Microsoft SQL server database.
- Implemented acquisition software, collecting data from machines using the OPC Data Access protocol and sending the parameter to the server using the MQTT protocol.
- Used GitHub for software development management and repository.
Advisor2020 - 2020Global Security Network (via Toptal)
Technologies: Industry 4.0, Writing & Editing, C++, Linux, Internet of Things (IoT), OPC UA
- Evaluated the key technologies to be applied to an industrial IoT security application.
- Created the software architecture document and a complete requirements specification to be used as a base for new product development.
- Wrote the documentation used by the client to continue the development activities.
Embedded System Engineer2019 - 2020Balestro
Technologies: C#, C, LoRa, STM32, Altium Designer, Microcontrollers
- Designed the hardware for a surge arrester monitor communication module using LoRa Wireless communication, STM32 CPU, and Altium Designer.
- Developed firmware using C, STM32, and FreeRTOS as part of my role.
- Created a desktop application for data presentation using C# and WPF.
- Implemented production tests and validation procedures.
- Elaborated on the technical documentation, hardware, and software.
Embedded Systems Engineer2019 - 2019Dormakaba
Technologies: C, STM32, Altium Designer
- Designed the hardware for the console interface of access control equipment in Altium Designer.
- Developed the firmware in STM32 using C language.
- Led and handled product validation and testing as part of my role.
- Implemented desktop software for hardware testing in C#.
Embedded Systems Engineer2017 - 2019Brazilian National Synchrotron Light Laboratory (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: PyQt, Python, Qt, Robot Operating System (ROS), Altium Designer, C, STM32
- Developed a new motion control system—composed of hardware and software—to be used in newer Brazilian Synchrotron Light Accelerator Laboratory experiments. The equipment employs high-precision stepper motors and real-time control operations.
- Led a four-person team composed of a hardware engineer, a senior Linux software engineer, a senior embedded software engineer, and a QA analyst. I was responsible for the control software development and also for software architecture and technology.
- Deployed ROS middleware on an embedded Linux environment in a new stepper-motor controller application. Implemented specific nodes and services to manage particular hardware features of the new equipment using C++ language.
- Implemented basic validation applications for using the new product, to be run as external nodes, using C++ and Python. Also, implemented low-lever actuation software using C++ and STM32 microcontrollers.
Team Leader and Software Engineer2017 - 2019Gertec (via Phi Innovations)
- Designed a solution for remote monitoring fiscal device equipment installed in point of sale (PoS) devices in retail. The system collects real-time data operation from the devices and provides operational status in a cloud-based dashboard using IoT.
- Led a three-person team composed of a web software engineer, a desktop software engineer, and a QA analyst. I was responsible for the platform set up and software deployment and also for implementing software architecture and technology.
- Performed periodic follow-up meetings with the team and periodic meetings with the client's product management team, responsible for the user interface design and system deployment in the field.
- Owned the monitoring of 50k+ devices in real time in the Brazilian market with the system currently in operation.
Embedded System Designer2018 - 2018Phi Innovations
- Added Bluetooth support for the current PHI-Gateway product using the ST BlueNRG product.
- Added BLE stack into the main firmware in C language.
- Integrated the main firmware used to collect data from sensors using BLE technology.
- Improved the product by adding additional features for custom projects.
Team Leader2016 - 2018Prolife (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Linux, C++, Qt, Hardware, STM32, Altium, Product Development, Team Leadership
- Designed the next generation of multi-parametric monitors manufactured by the company, replacing a third-party design for proprietary in-house technology. The equipment is in production and being used as a base for a new product line for the company.
- Owned the system design, evaluating the current market system architecture, and proposed a new project using the best solution considering state-of-the-art technologies and competitive manufacturing costs.
- Led a team of four people: a hardware engineer, a Python application engineer, an embedded Linux engineer, and a QA analyst. Performed periodic follow-up meetings with the team and also with the client's product management team.
Embedded System Engineer2017 - 2017British American Tobacco (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C++, Wireless, ARM, Qt, Linux
- Developed a solution for purchase monitoring in point of sale (POS) locations. Data is collected from keyboard and barcode scanners, stored internally, and sent to a remote server.
- Developed software using C++ and Qt for an ARM Linux-based processor.
- Integrated hardware with a keyboard and integrated a cellular phone module to the hardware.
- Handled software validation and technical support during deployment in the field.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Baumer
Technologies: FreeRTOS, STM32, C, Microcontrollers
- Developed control software for ventilatory anesthesia equipment.
- Implemented control software and sensor acquisition management using hard real-time software techniques and tools.
- Contributed to the product launch on the market and deployed it in hospitals in Brazil.
Software Engineer and Team Leader2016 - 2017Gertec (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Flask, SQLite, Python, Embedded Linux, C, Linux Device Driver, Hardware, Team Leadership, Product Development
- Designed a next-generation terminal acquisition device used in retail stores. The new product extended keyboard acquisition features, adding computational and connectivity features to the computer peripheral.
- Led a team of four people consisting of a hardware engineer, a Python application engineer, an embedded Linux engineer, and a QA analyst.
- Performed architecture evaluation code review, features development, and software maintenance when applied.
- Handled periodic interaction with the customer for project progress reporting, features evaluation, design review, and mechanical integration.
- Applied agile techniques using Redmine and GitLab as software platforms for code repository, bug tracking, and documentation.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Monivox (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Flask, SQLite, Embedded Linux, Python
- Implemented a radio over IP (RoiP) solution to integrate two push-to-talk (PTT) radio solutions remotely.
- Developed software in Python, running on an embedded computer using an ARM CPU and customized Debian distribution.
- Implemented parameters with an SQLite database and web interface in Flask.
- Provided technical support during product deployment and operation. Corrected bugs and implemented new features.
Software Engineer and Team Leader2014 - 2016Samsung SDS (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: FreeRTOS, 2G, GPRS, GPS, M2M, STM32, C, Team Leadership, Product Development
- Designed a custom tracker integrated into a lock to be installed in containers. The purpose is to keep track of the container movements inside a warehouse and its trajectory from the warehouse to distribution facilities.
- Led a team of five people: a hardware engineer, a mechanical designer, an embedded software engineer, a web software engineer, and a QA analyst. Also worked as a software engineer on the project.
- Owned the management of the project progress and features. Performed periodic meetings with the team using agile methods and meetings with the customer team for follow-up reports and review requirements.
- Delivered hundreds of units of the rump-up production of the device and the monitoring system used to keep track of the containers.
Team Leader and Software Engineer2011 - 2016Gertec (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C++, Linux, ARM, Altium, Hardware, Team Leadership, Product Management
- Designed a new fiscal device monitoring equipment operating in 100K+ point of sales systems in Brazil. The device was responsible for generating the fiscal receipt used by the POS system to conclude a purchase in markets and retail stores.
- Owned the device architecture, from hardware to embedded software. Evaluated the government requirements to create the complete architecture. Handled the hardware design considering manufacturing costs and the required performance for the product.
- Led a team of four people: a hardware engineer, an application software engineer, an embedded Linux engineer, and a QA analyst. Owned the implementation of features in the application software.
- Spearheaded the agile leading product development with the client's product team, performing follow-up meetings and communication with external stakeholders, particularly homologation entities and government staff responsible for requirements.
Senior Software Developer2006 - 2008Ingenico Group
Technologies: Python, C
- Developed software for payment terminals manufactured by the company. I was part of a group responsible for the software development of Ingenico unities outside Brazil. I was also responsible for software projects for the German market.
- Managed software using Redmine bug tracker, subversion source control, and Mediawiki for documentation.
- Migrated software for a new Telium platform of major components of the German payment application software.
Electronic Engineer2004 - 2006Omnisys Engenharia (Thales Group)
Technologies: OrCAD, Hardware, C
- Contributed to hardware development for the CBERS 3&4 remote surveillance satellite program. Responsible for the design of telemetry, telecommand, and digital input interface.
- Designed hardware using the Orcad tool, microcontroller firmware development, and documentation based on Brazilian's space agency (INPE) processes.
- Deployed an engineering model of the three subsystems during my period on the project. The satellite was launched on September 12, 2013, and July 12, 2014.