Tech Lead2020 - 2021Fortune 100 Construction and Farm Machinery Maker (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Azure DevOps, Snowflake, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, Java, AWS, Agile Software Development, Technical Leadership
- Developed a rule engine for high-throughput streaming status messages that performs data quality validation according to predefined business rules.
- Extended technical and architectural support to the project manager and various other business stakeholders.
- Provided mentorship and technical assistance to a team of four developers and pushed for and ensured high standards for code quality and software development practices.
Freelance Senior Developer (Java, C#, and OpenShift)2018 - 2020BMW
- Implemented an automated goods-receipt process that checks the validity of the documents presented by a truck driver upon entering the premises of a BMW plant, reducing the previous manual process effort to almost zero.
- Developed several of the connected supply chain apps used by the BMW material planning and logistics department to track the status of parts deliveries, increasing the employee's efficiency in tracking and managing the delivery process.
- Improved the efficiency and cost of the BMW live delivery tracking solution. For example, reduced the database costs from $4,000 per month to $300 per month.
- Developed a Java-based orchestrator service coordinating communication with various external services within the quality assurance/reclamation department, providing adapters for HTTP/REST, Apache Kafka, and SAP RFC.
Senior Developer2017 - 2018Scalable Capital
- Contributed to various features related to Scalable Capital's back-end Java-based API and its React/Redux front-end application.
- Migrated a batch job solution from Spring Batch to AWS CloudWatch Events which increased the efficiency of these jobs and reduced the complexity related to locking and synchronization.
- Proposed and prototyped an Apache Kafka-based alternative solution for storing financial transaction data.
Tech Lead Search Engineering | Lead Engineer Review Analysis2015 - 2017Trivago GmbH
Technologies: SQL, Data Science, Apache Kafka, Apache Solr, Machine Learning, Flask, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby, AWS, Agile Software Development, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Solr, Apache Lucene, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Scikit-learn, Keras, NLTK, Python, Technical Leadership
- Developed a hotel review scraping solution that extracted reviews from more than ten review websites and for 500,000+ hotels while also aggregating and storing a total of 10 million+ reviews.
- Designed and developed a machine learning experimentation and integration platform used by the data science team to test and fine-tune hundreds of review analysis machine learning model variants each day.
- Implemented a review labeling web application used by linguists to generate more than 10,000+ data points used for training machine learning algorithms.
- Developed an automated and auto-scalable solution able to perform ML-based review classification on the entire 10 million+ hotel review dataset in a couple of hours.
- Implemented and maintained a search index solution serving 100+ million of daily search queries.
- Developed a novel phrase search query index capable of handling 10,000+ complex/rich natural language daily search queries, such as "hotels with a great pool in Milano."
Senior Full-stack Developer | Data Scientist2013 - 2015Reputami GmbH
Technologies: SQL, Data Science, Machine Learning, Ruby, Agile Software Development, jQuery, Microsoft Azure, Scikit-learn, NLTK, Python, Nokogiri, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented Ruby-based web scrapers for eight hotel review websites, aggregating 10,000+ reviews for 100+ customers.
- Implemented the main Reputami website: a Ruby on Rails website generating HTML on the server that was used by more than 100 paying customers.
- Designed, tested, and implemented machine learning algorithms to analyze and extract categorical and polarity classifications from more than 10,000 hotel reviews.